AODA Policy Statement
Mountain Hyundai is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
We will ensure that our staff is trained and familiar with various assistive devices that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods or services.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises.
Notice of temporary disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities Mountain Hyundai will notify customers promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available. The notice will be placed on all Mountain Hyundai web sites.
Training for staff
Mountain Hyundai will provide training to existing and new employees who deal with the public or other third parties on their behalf.
Training will include:
• An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard,
• The Mountain Hyundai plan related to the customer service standard;
• How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities;
• How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person;
• How to use equipment available on-site that may help with providing goods or services to people with disabilities, such as the dolly cart to transport items being picked up by people with disabilities to their vehicles;
• What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing Mountain Hyundai’s goods and services;
Staff will also be trained when changes are made to the plan.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way Mountain Hyundai provides goods and services to people with disabilities can provide feedback by calling, emailing or mailing their feedback to Mountain Hyundai.
All feedback will be directed to the General Manager.
Customers can expect to hear back within 7 days.
Complaints will be addressed according to our organization’s regular complaint management procedures.
Modifications to this or other policies
Any Mountain Hyundai policy that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.